Our inside scoop on the ABC Expo: The latest from your favorite brands
The 2013 ABC Kids Expo features over 900 exhibitors with over 3500 booths, so… where do you start? There are hundreds of cool new products and brands to see, but we usually start with the familiar brands that we rely on, since we know our customers rely on them too. Here are a few updates from some of the shining stars of our stores!
We can’t wait to introduce you to the Vue! Baby Jogger’s new lightweight stroller, designed in Spain, is going to be the first ever umbrella stroller with a reversible seat and a full recline. Weighing in at only 16.7 pounds, the Baby Jogger Vue Stroller holds up to 55 pounds, and can carry a bassinet (sold separately) or popular infant car seats from Maxi-Cosi and Cybex; it will retail for $199. Hopefully we’ll have video to show you soon.
It’s the next generation of Orbit Baby! The new G3 collection is a series of a la carte pieces, so you can customize your stroller all the way down to the seat canopies and under-seat baskets. Each item has a few tweaks here and there: the new Orbit Baby G3 frame is available in black and has improved ball bearings for a smoother roll; fabrics have been upgraded; brakes are now push-style instead of lever-style so you can operate them in flip-flops; the foam on the handlebars is improved; and the seat fabric is higher quality, with a more canvas-y, less stretchy feel. The Orbit Baby G3 bassinet will no longer be sold together with the stand; you’ll need to buy them separately.
Choosing a baby carrier is so individual – from soft structured carriers to baby slings to baby wraps, every mom has a preference. For those who love Ergo but prefer the snuggly security of a wrap for a newborn, Ergo is debuting the Ergobaby Wrap, which boasts 4d fabric (it stretches all four ways!) and a pouch to store itself.
The Ergobaby 360 carrier is Ergo’s first in/out facing carrier, which can be worn on your front or back. A series of ergonomic adjustments will point your baby’s legs outward while she’s facing forward, rather than dangling her legs down, for a healthier seating position. We also love the Velcro waist belt – more lumbar support!
Love the Bumbleride Indie Stroller, but not interesting in jogging? The Bumbleride Indie 4 is for you! It has the same hip, stylish look, except it has two 10” front wheels instead of the traditional single wheel. The stroller footprint is a little shorter, too, and it comes in the same gorgeous colors and innovative fabrics.
(Cambria, Solana, Rainier, Pacifica and Olympia)
Diono’s rock-solid lineup of car seats and boosters is getting a serious revamp, with five total new seats:
- Cambria: Replacing the Monterey high-backed booster seat, the Diono Cambria booster seat has upgraded fabrics, 6 height options, LATCH, and 2 cup holders… all with a lower price point. And it’s one good-looking booster seat.
- Solana: Replacing the Diono Santa Fe backless booster seat, the Diono Solana continues to have LATCH and holds from 30 to 120 pounds – and it will only cost $39.99!
- Rainier: This new convertible car seat is similar to the Diono Radian RXT but with nice new fabrics, new colors, and deeper side walls – and it goes up to 50 pounds rear-facing and 90 forward-facing in harness! The Rainier Convertible Car Seat holds up to 120 pounds in booster mode, and will retail for $359.99.
- Pacifica: Similar to the Rainier, but minus additional Side Impact Protection head cushions; will retail for $319.99.
- Olympia: This convertible car seat holds 40 pounds rear-facing, 70 pounds forward-facing in harness, and 100 pounds in booster mode.
The well-loved 4Moms mamaRoo baby bouncer introduced robotic technology to soothe babies to sleep, and the new rockaRoo is a variation on the same theme: it rocks back and forth like a rocking horse! It will have a lower price point, too, which your wallet will appreciate.
The 4Moms Origami Mini Stroller is also a twist on a familiar product: it’s the lightweight, umbrella version of the 4Moms Origami Stroller, which folds itself. The Origami Mini, like the original, also has running lights, charges your iPhone, and has an LCD screen.
Finally, 4Moms is getting a lot of buzz for their new infant car seat, which, we kid you not, installs itself: it auto-levels once you LATCH it. It won’t be available until late next year, however.
We’ve got many more updates on the way for you from the 2013 ABC Kids Expo, so keep watching this space, along with our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – we want you to hear about all the latest baby gear first, from us!
The post Our inside scoop on the ABC Expo: The latest from your favorite brands appeared first on Spilling the Beans - Magic Beans.