Nutcase Baby Nutty Helmet with MIPS for Ages 1+ in Very Berry
Helmets used to be plain and boring. Nutcase was founded almost 20 years ago to change this feeling. They wanted to make helmets cool, something you would want to use without being told you should. Nutcase employs two in-house designers, in their home city of Portland, to make this a reality. On top of this they seek out and partner with three additional international artists. Your toddler may not know how many safety measures they’re wearing nor feel the peace of mind they bring, but you will!
The Baby Nutty helmet was designed for toddlers one year and older. Each helmet has the safest materials, 11 air vents, an adjustable chin strap, and a Fidlock® snap-and-go magnetic buckle. The chin strap has two adjustment areas: one that passes the straps around the ears, and the second that adjusts the strap length. The magnetic buckle avoids pinching their skin and eventually allows growing toddlers to get themselves buckled independently.
Safety Features and MIPS Technology
Baby Nutty helmets all use a lightweight polycarbonate shell, MIPS technology, thick layer of EPS foam, 3-piece padding set, and GROW Flex Fit System. All five components nest completely around your toddler’s head for maximum protection.
MIPS technology reduces the rotational forces on the head in an angled impact. This is a low-friction layer in between your baby’s head and the helmet. The liner slides 5 to 15mm in any direction upon impact, reducing trauma to the brain. Created in Sweden, co-created by a Neurologist.
The 3-piece padding is removable and washable. These are soft and squishy so they can contour against your toddlers head for a seamless fit even as their head sizes grow. Toward the back of the neck is thick elastic that secures the helmet’s fit but also allows for growth over time.
- Engineered, tested and CPSC-certified for 1 year of age and older
- overhauled design provides ultra comfortable fit, and optimal head support and posture
- 11 contoured vents for effective cooling
- Lightweight polycarbonate outer shell designed with baby neck strength in mind.
- Updated Fidlock® snap-and-go magnetic buckle system
- MIPS Technology lowers rotation upon impact
- Heat-sealed, 3-piece pad set and GROW Flex Fit System
- Extremely cool designs approved by toddlers
- In stock items are shipped via UPS Ground from our warehouse in Boston, MA within 1-2 business days after placed. Transit time is 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- Items listed as shipped from manufacturer take an additional 1-2 business days for processing but most orders ship within 3 business days. You will receive tracking information as soon as we receive it from the manufacturer. Transit time is generally 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $99 within the continental US.
- Our full shipping policy, including transit times can be viewed here.