Winning Moves No Stress Chess
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
The intellectual reputation of chess can make it a bit scary for beginners: since the only chess players you usually hear about are eccentric Grand Masters, you might mistakenly believe that you have to be a reclusive genius to even take up the game. There is a learning curve to chess, and strategy can be tricky, but really, anyone can play - and No Stress Chess from Winning Moves Games will teach you how!
This clever variation on the ancient game uses a deck of cards and a three-step process to teach the basics of chess, so even very young kids can play. The cards show how each chess piece moves with simple pictures that even pre-readers can understand, and there are three stages of learning:
- Level 1: Take turns selecting cards off the top of a stack; move the chess piece that the card tells you to. If you cannot move that piece, you lose a turn.
- Level 2: Select three cards, and choose which move to make from those three.
- Level 3: Select five cards, and choose which move to make from those five.
Once all three levels are mastered, then you're ready for the real game of chess! The No Stress Chess board is two-sided: one side shows where the pieces go at the start of the game, and the other side is a standard chess board.
Reviewers have gushed over how terrific No Stress Chess is as a teaching tool: kids as young as age four have used this set to learn how to play (although the age recommendation from the manufacturer starts at 7). Adults who have always wanted to learn chess have also enjoyed No Stress Chess, and report that it taught them to play in no time at all. Adults who already know the game have suggested handicapping more skilled players when you're playing against kids, so they don't get discouraged. Just look out - your kid may catch up with you faster than you think!
No Stress Chess from Winning Moves Games comes with a 2-sided chessboard, 16 black and 16 white plastic Staunton chess pieces, 56 action cards, a card tray, and a rule book. For two players, ages 7 and up.
Shipping and Return Policy
Shipping and Return Policy
Magic Beans will be closing at the end of 2023, all items are final sale. We appreciate you shopping with Magic Beans and thank you for all your support!
- In stock items are shipped via UPS Ground from our warehouse in Boston, MA within 1-2 business days after placed. Transit time is 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- Items listed as shipped from manufacturer take an additional 1-2 business days for processing but most orders ship within 3 business days. You will receive tracking information as soon as we receive it from the manufacturer. Transit time is generally 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $399 within the continental US.
- Our full shipping policy, including transit times can be viewed here.