Naturalmat Quilted Mohair Mat Twin Mattress
The scary chemicals that you sometimes find in modern products are a recent invention, so when you want natural and chemical-free gear for your child, you can just look back at what materials people used in the past. Mohair, the fur of the angora goat, is one of the oldest textile fibers in use: one can almost imagine a goatherd saying, "Hey, it looks pretty comfortable on my goats, perhaps I should try it on too!" Mohair is durable, resistant, naturally flame resistant, and has terrific insulating properties, and it's removed from the goat without harming it - it's all pretty ideal.
Mohair is a key ingredient in Naturalmat's most luxurious twin mattress: the Naturalmat Mohair Mat Twin Mattress. It's their firmest, most supportive mattress, and it's designed for optimal breathability and temperature control. The layers of the Naturalmat Mohair Mat Twin Mattress include:
- A center layer of horsetail hair, which Naturalmat describes as "the longest and most durable natural fibre in the world" (they're British, thus the spelling);
- Layers of organic coconut coir, which provides additional breathable firmness;
- A luxurious layer of silky needled mohair tufting, providing both thermal insulation and natural flame resistance;
- And finally, a removable and machine-washable cotton cover.
The Naturalmat Quilted Mohair Mat Twin Mattress contains no polyethylene, no PVC, no synthetics, no scary chemicals whatsoever: you'll recognize how all-natural it is when you take a whiff and don't smell that "new mattress" smell!
The Naturalmat Mohair Mat Twin Mattress measures 75" x 39" x 7", the standard US size for twin beds. All Naturalmat Mattresses are made by hand in Devon, England.
- In stock items are shipped via UPS Ground from our warehouse in Boston, MA within 1-2 business days after placed. Transit time is 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- Items listed as shipped from manufacturer take an additional 1-2 business days for processing but most orders ship within 3 business days. You will receive tracking information as soon as we receive it from the manufacturer. Transit time is generally 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $99 within the continental US.
- Our full shipping policy, including transit times can be viewed here.