Monte Como Glider Nursing Chair
Please allow 8-12 weeks for shipping
This item requires a $99 oversized shipping charge.
The poet Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote of Lake Como: "This lake exceeds anything I ever beheld in beauty... It is long and narrow, and has the appearance of a mighty river winding among the mountains and the forests." It's no surprise that this famous lake, surrounded by stunning landscapes and ancient villas, is a traditional place for the wealthy to relax and unwind, from ancient times up to the present.
The Como Glider Nursing Chair from Monte Design provides a similar vision of luxury, with extra-plush seating for supreme comfort! The Como Glider combines sumptuously soft padding with the ergonomic fit that has made Monte Design chairs a favorite with modern parents: the ergonomic arm height, the high back, and the included lumbar pillow ensure a comfortable position whether you're nursing or not.
And whether your Monte Design Como Glider Chair is situated in your nursery or anywhere else in the house, it's going to make a terrific impression! The streamlined, simple modern design of this nursing chair fits seamlessly into any room, and you'll continue to use this chair to snuggle and read to the kids, or just take a catnap on your own, for many years after you're done nursing.
Monte Design nursing chairs boast an incredibly smooth glide on custom-made steel glider mechanisms, made with 95% recycled steel and elegant exposed hardwood bases. The chair is cushioned with low-VOC foam made with natural seed-based oils, containing no mercury, lead, heavy metals, or flame-retardant chemicals, and the upholstery is made with Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified microfibers and threads, containing no hazardous chemicals. Even Monte Design's shipping boxes are made with recycled materials! All Monte furniture is made to order on site at their Toronto warehouse.
Please note: We are currently updating our Monte Como page--If you do not see the fabric and base combination of your choice, please give us a call to order: 617-264-2326
The Como is available in the following Fabrics and Bases:
- Performance Heathered: Dune, Sand, Ash, Pebble Grey, Nordic Grey, Sage Green, Petal Pink, Hot Pink, Denim Blue, Deep Navy
- Performance Weave: Cloud Grey, Pepper Grey
- Performance Microfiber: White
- Performance Velvet: Stone, Mineral, Navy, Moss, Blush
- Cotton / Linen: Beach, Blush, Midnight Blue, Smoke
- Premium Wool: Light Grey, Oatmeal
- Bases: Stainless Steel Swivel, Gold Swivel, Walnut, Espresso
Performance Microfiber: Durable, stain resistant, super easy to clean and maintain. Solid colored, stain resistant and water repellant fabrics that are rich in color and extremely durable. Oeko-Tex Certified. Content: 80% Polyester, 20% Cotton; exception White: 100% Polyester
Performance Heathered: Durable, stain resistant, super easy to clean and maintain. Smooth to the touch, stain resistant, and water repellant material offering subtle mixed color variations that add depth and texture. Oeko-Tex Certified. Content: 100% Polyester; exception DUNE: 80% Polyester, 20% Acrylic
Performance Weave: Durable, stain resistant, and super easy to clean & maintain. High performing, richly textured with a subtle weave, offering exceptional durability and a high repellency to stains and spills. Oeko-Tex Certified. Content: 100% Polyester
Performance Velvet: Durable, stain resistant, super easy to clean and maintain. A luxurious, velvety plush material that offers a matte finish with high performance against spills and stains. Oeko-Tex Certified. Content: 100% Polyester
Premium Italian Wool: Luxurious, cozy and all-natural premium Italian Wool sourced from a prestigious mill in Tuscany, Italy. Made in Italy. GreenGuard Certified. Content: 70% Wool, 25% Nylon, 5% Recycled Fibers
Natural Cotton/Linen: All-natural brushed cotton and Belgian linen blend made in Northern Italy using timeless traditions for over a century. These fabrics are ultra soft and comfortable. Made in Italy. REACH and Oeko-Tex Certified. Content: 63% Cotton, 37% Linen *see special fabric cleaning instructions below
- If needed, vacuum first and gently blot away as much of the spill as possible using a clean white cloth
- Mix 1 tsp clear liquid soap with 1 Cup warm water until little bubbles appear
- Dampen a soft clean cloth with soap/water solution and using short circular motions, gently wipe the spot. Do not saturate the fabric with the solution
- Once the spot is removed, use a clean water-dampened cloth to blot the area and remove any soap residue; blot with a fresh dry cloth and allow to air dry
- For large or difficult spills, please consult a professional upholstery cleaner
*Cotton Linen Blend:
- Follow above instructions, but never scrub harshly or saturate with water/soap, or discoloration may occur
- To avoid water rings: once the spot is removed, wipe the entire area of fabric around the stained spot with a water-only dampened cloth to blend the fabric
Pair with the Monte Como Ottoman for increased comfort. The Monte Como Nursing Chair comes with an included lumbar pillow in the color of your chair. To choose an additional color for ONE SIDE of your pillow at no additional cost, please put your choice in the checkout comments. Paul Smith and Missoni fabric upgrades for ONE SIDE of pillow sold separately.