Doona Infant Car Seat & Stroller
Air travel with a baby can be a bit of a slog. First, you have to ferry your cherub and all of her twenty thousand travel essentials through a crowded airport, then you have to lug both her and her car seat onto the plane (you've got pretty good biceps, right?). Then, you have to reverse the process when you get to your destination. And then you've got to wrangle a baby, a stroller, and an infant car seat into a taxi or rental car. Phew!
So when we heard about the Doona Infant Car Seat, which converts to a stroller, you can imagine how thrilled we were. Doona is an amazing tech solution to airport woes, as well as travel around town in your own car! When you fly with Doona (which is of course airline certified), you can just wheel it through the airport like any other stroller, roll it right onto the plane, pop in the wheels, and buckle the seat in. So easy! Likewise, if you're traveling by taxi, you don't have to stash a separate travel system stroller or frame in the trunk - just pop the wheels in, secure Doona in place, and roll.
You might think that the dual capabilities of the Doona Infant Car Seat would mean that one of its functions would have to be shortchanged, but you'd be wrong: Doona's creators put amazing attention to detail into this product. Doona boasts:
- Superior safety: As a car seat, Doona features an impressive array of safety features - the handle doubles as an anti-rebound bar; the double-wall structure needed to enclose the wheels adds extra Side Impact Protection, alongside layers of EPS foam.
- Superior strolling: The wheels of the Doona pop out in one smooth motion; just pull up the handle and you're ready to stroll! And it strolls exceptionally well: early reviewers have said that they can push it with one hand. (Also, notably, with the lower handlebar position, responsible older siblings can reach to push too!)
Because of its completely unique functionality, the Doona was safety tested both as an infant car seat and as a stroller. It's designed with a series of failsafes to prevent multiple kinds of user error as well, because we know that new parents don't get a lot of sleep - it won't fold accidentally, and the handle won't pop out accidentally while it's in carry mode.
You can begin using your Doona Infant Car Seat at birth, and it can hold babies weighing up to 35 pounds, or up to 32 inches in height; the Doona seat itself weighs 15 pounds, and comes with the easy-to-install base for click-and-go functionality from your own car, as well as a handy seat protector.
NOTE: the Doona Infant Car Seat base is INCLUDED.
- In stock items are shipped via UPS Ground from our warehouse in Boston, MA within 1-2 business days after placed. Transit time is 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- Items listed as shipped from manufacturer take an additional 1-2 business days for processing but most orders ship within 3 business days. You will receive tracking information as soon as we receive it from the manufacturer. Transit time is generally 1-5 business days once it has been shipped.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $99 within the continental US.
- Our full shipping policy, including transit times can be viewed here.