Bugaboo Donkey5 Twin Stroller
The brand new Bugaboo Donkey5 Twin Stroller is one piece of luxury baby gear that pulls its own weight (and more!). With considerable updates and a versatile single-to-double mode, it reaffirms it's place as one of our most beloved strollers.
The Bugaboo Donkey5 Base has a robust aluminum frame, reinforced connection points, and thick tires effortless, all-terrain strolling. The tires are self healing; rubber coated with a foam fill making it impossible to ever go flat. The included Bugaboo Donkey5 Sun Canopies are the longest of any stroller, have massive breezy panels, and water resistant fabrics for no-effort cleaning!
Using the Bugaboo Donkey5 Twin with Newborns
Bugaboo Donkey5 Twin comes with two seats and two bassinets. Typically it's best matched to families with two children of the same age (Twins). For newborns, the bassinets give little ones a safe and flat surface to nap on - or even sleep in overnight when used with the Bugaboo Stroller Bassinet Stand.
Bugaboo Donkey 5 compatible Infant Car Seats
|Bugaboo Turtle Air by Nuna||Clek Liing||Cybex Cloud Q Sensorsafe|
|Nuna Pipa Lite||Clek Liingo||Cybex Atom M Sensorsafe|
|Nuna Pipa Lite R|
|Nuna Pipa Lite RX|
|Nuna Pipa Lite LX|
Strolling with a toddler
Once an infant is 6-months old and sitting upright, convert the bassinet into the multi-recline, stroller seat. They'll have the option of facing rear and forward, have an easy adjusting harness, and a seat back that prevents your little one’s head from leaning to the side.
The side luggage basket adds a removable second storage basket to your Bugaboo Donkey 5. In Mono mode it sits up next to your seat/bassinet and within your reach as a convenient shopping bag. Unfortunately, it can't attach to the frame in Duo/Twin mode.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 is the only all-terrain stroller with reversible facing seats. It's one of the few all-terrain strollers that offers a bassinet at all, and they give it to you for FREE.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 is the only convertible, side-by-side stroller. By doing this, the weight of the stroller and it’s passengers is perfectly distributed. The steering and handling is as smooth as a single stroller; you'll turn on a dime, roll up a curb, and pop up over a few stairs without ever thinking about it.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 width myth
It's wide appearance is a bit of an illusion. At the Mono's widest measurement it's right in line with full-size, single strollers. Even in Duo and Twin mode the Bugaboo Donkey 5 glides through standard doorways, and is only 2-4 inches wider than the average single stroller!
Was there a Bugaboo Donkey 4 release?
You didn't miss anything, there was no Bugaboo Donkey4. Bugaboo's manufacturing is done in China where the number four is associated with bad luck. Bugaboo skipped the Bugaboo Donkey4 and jumped right into the current Bugaboo Donkey 5.
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs Bugaboo Donkey3
- Easier fold and unfold - Folding mechanisms are easier to activate. Frame no longer has an unlock button to unfold the stroller.
- Higher seat, bassinet, side luggage basket position - All components sit 1-inch higher up, closer to parent.
- New Frame and Fabric colors - For the first time since it’s introduction, Bugaboo has a new metal frame color: Graphite. This stoic dark grey tone joins the existing Aluminum and Black frame colors and perfectly accents the seven new Bugaboo Donkey5 Sun Canopy colors.
- Built-in attachment points - The Bugaboo Comfort Wheeled Board and Bugaboo Cup Holder have integrated points where they now snap into place. No tools, no adapters needed.
- Redesigned Bassinet - The Bugaboo Donkey5 bassinet has brand new breezy bassinet walls, a high performance aerated mattress, an improved fit apron, and a quick collapse frame.
- Updated branding - New signature touches include an embroidered Bugaboo logo.
Is a Bugaboo Donkey 5 stroller worth it?
Yes, absolutely! The Bugaboo Donkey5 Twin has more seating configurations than any other stroller. Between the bassinets, car seats, and stroller seats, you'll find a combination to meet the needs of each twin. And as they grow bigger, each twin can transition into their stroller seat when they are ready. Too many double strollers limit their seating configurations leaving some families out of luck. The Bugaboo Donkey5 Twin has every common function and feature to cover your needs now and in the future!