Bugaboo Donkey5 Duo Stroller
The brand new Bugaboo Donkey5 Duo is one piece of luxury baby gear that carries its own weight (and more!). With considerable updates and a versatile single-to-double mode, it reaffirms it's place as one of our most beloved strollers.
The Bugaboo Donkey5 Base has a robust aluminum frame, reinforced connection points, and thick tires effortless, all-terrain strolling. The tires are self healing; rubber coated with a foam fill making it impossible to ever go flat. The included Bugaboo Donkey5 Sun Canopies are the longest of any stroller, have massive breezy panels, and water resistant fabrics for no-effort cleaning!
**We've created Donkey 5 (Mono, Duo, Twin) configuration guide at the bottom of this page.
Using the Bugaboo Donkey5 Duo Complete with a Newborn
For a first child the Bugaboo Donkey5 Duo comes with two seats and a bassinet. Typically it's best equipped for families with two children of different ages; with your older child harnessed into a seat and your newborn laying flat in the bassinet. The bassinet is safe for naps and overnight when used with the Bugaboo Stroller Bassinet Stand. You can also use the Bugaboo Donkey Mono Maxi Cosi Adapter with several leading car seats, including the new Bugaboo Turtle Air by Nuna!
|Bugaboo Turtle Air by Nuna||Clek Liing||Cybex Cloud Q Sensorsafe|
|Nuna Pipa Lite||Clek Liingo||Cybex Atom M Sensorsafe|
|Nuna Pipa Lite R|
|Nuna Pipa Lite RX|
|Nuna Pipa Lite LX|
Strolling with a toddler
Once your infant is 6-months old and sitting upright, convert the bassinet into the multi-recline seat. They'll have the option of facing rear and forward, have an easy adjusting harness, and a seat back that prevents your little one’s head from leaning to the side.
The side luggage basket adds a removable second storage basket to your Bugaboo Donkey 5. In Mono mode it sits up next to your seat/bassinet and within your reach as a convenient shopping bag. Unfortunately, it can't attach to the frame in Duo/Twin mode.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 is the only convertible, side-by-side stroller. By doing this, the weight of the stroller and it’s passengers is perfectly distributed. The steering and handling is as smooth as a single stroller; you'll turn on a dime, roll up a curb, and pop up over a few stairs without ever thinking about it.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 is the only all-terrain stroller with reversible facing seats. And one of the few all-terrains that even offers a bassinet, and they give it to you for FREE.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 width myth
It's wide appearance is an illusion. At the Mono's widest measurement it's right in line with popular full-size strollers. Even in Duo and Twin mode the Bugaboo Donkey 5 glides through doorways, and is only 2-4 inches wider than the average single stroller!
Was there a Bugaboo Donkey 4 release?
You didn't miss anything, there was no Bugaboo Donkey4. Bugaboo's manufacturing is done in China where the number four is associated with bad luck. Bugaboo skipped the Bugaboo Donkey4 and jumped right into the current Bugaboo Donkey 5.
Bugaboo Donkey5 vs Bugaboo Donkey3
- Easier fold and unfold - Folding mechanisms are easier to activate. Frame no longer has an unlock button to unfold the stroller.
- Higher seat, bassinet, side luggage basket position - All components sit 1-inch higher up, closer to parent.
- New Frame and Fabric colors - For the first time since it’s introduction, Bugaboo has a new metal frame color: Graphite. This stoic dark grey tone joins the existing Aluminum and Black frame colors and perfectly accents the seven new Bugaboo Donkey5 Sun Canopy colors.
- Built-in attachment points - The Bugaboo Comfort Wheeled Board and Bugaboo Cup Holder have integrated points where they now snap into place. No tools, no adapters needed.
- Redesigned Bassinet - The Bugaboo Donkey5 bassinet has brand new breezy bassinet walls, a high performance aerated mattress, an improved fit apron, and a quick collapse frame.
- Updated branding - New signature touches include an embroidered Bugaboo logo.
Is a Bugaboo Donkey 5 stroller worth it?
Yes, absolutely! Plenty of families find themselves expecting less than a year after their first child. While a blessing, this cuts your single stroller’s timeline in half. A second stroller means jumping into a second round of stroller research, losing storage space, and a higher combined cost.
The Bugaboo Donkey 5 Duo is both a single stroller and double stroller in one package. The frame expands into a Duo and shrinks into a Mono with just three quick *clicks*. Even while converting between Mono and Duo mode, the Bugaboo Donkey 5 stroller retains all its functions, features, and creature comforts. No other convertible stroller matches this capability.
Features & Specs:
- Memory buttons on seat/bassinet frame
- Full coverage sun canopy w/ breezy window
- One-handed recline
- Ergonomic handlebar
- 2-Wheel Beach mode
- Two storage options
- Self standing fold
- Tight turning radius
- Quick-click harness + attached shoulder pads
- Grows from single to double stroller
- Machine washable fabric
- Three in tow? Add the Bugaboo Comfort Wheeled Board for an extra seat. No adapter needed.
- Mono: 23.62 in. wide
- Duo/twin: 29.13 in. wide
- Seat Max: 50 lb.
- Duo Stroller weight: 36.25 lbs.
- Under seat storage volume: 9.2 gallons
Converting to the Bugaboo Donkey5 Mono and Duo
This package contains all the components to convert back and forth between the new Bugaboo Donkey 5 Mono and the new Bugaboo Donkey 5 Duo. Either setup converts to the other in only 10 seconds and 3 *clicks*!