Your Baby Registry: 6 Reasons To Register With A Specialty Store
With a baby on the way, there’s so much to consider and so much to learn… and oh lord, there’s so much to buy! You can find all manner of checklists in books and online, but when you discover that those checklists are not one, not two, but SIX entire pages long (and more), it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
That’s where specialty baby stores come in: every parent-to-be needs and, we would argue, deserves some hand-holding on the way to one of the biggest changes they’ll experience in their lifetime, and while we can’t really help you navigate medical worries or teach you how to breastfeed, we can certainly make sure you’re equipped with every gizmo and gadget, every blankie and binky and baba you’ll need to make your parenting journey easier.
More importantly, unlike a big-box store, we can give you the essential one-on-one attention you’ll need to ensure that those blankies, binkies, and babas are exactly the ones you need – and help you choose the perfect Bugaboo, Bumbleride, Baby Jogger, or Britax stroller and car seat, too. Every family that creates a Baby Registry with Magic Beans gets their own Registry Concierge, whose job is to get to know YOU and figure out exactly what YOU, not a generic parent-to-be, needs for your specific lifestyle. Every family is different and special, and you shouldn’t have to settle for a one-size-fits-all approach.
A few more reasons to register with your local specialty baby store:
- You can see, touch, and TRY all the products in person. When you’re shopping for items you’re going to use every day with your new baby, you want to touch those fabrics, feel how that stroller pushes, and see how that car seat fits into your car (and your partner’s car, too). If worst comes to worst, you can probably pinpoint the right stroller based on your friends’ recommendations, but a stroller test drive will ensure that you’re not dropping a few hundred bucks on a stroller you merely LIKE. We want you to LOVE that stroller!
- Specialty stores have a smaller, handpicked selection. Big box stores can overwhelm you with their size, and you and your loved ones may find yourself purchasing items you don’t need (and junk you don’t want). Smaller stores don’t have room for garbage, we have the time to carefully evaluate items before we decide to sell them, and our reputation is staked on the quality of the items we sell. And don’t be fooled by our size – we have everything you DO need. You won’t need to do a separate registry with a larger retailer to get the last bits and bobs, since we’ve got it all!
- You won’t get baby gear you don’t need. Our reputation is also staked on giving you quality shopping advice, and that means that if we don’t think you need an item, we’ll be honest and tell you to put it back on the shelf. Not only does this save you and your loved ones money, but it will save you extra clutter around the house.
- Need to return items you’ve discovered you don’t need? It’s a lot easier to bring it back to your local baby store than it is to package it up and send it back to Amazon. Plus, our store staff will make a giant fuss over how cute your new baby is, and recommend more items to make those early days of infancy easier for you.
- Getting confused by how the registry works online? Don’t worry, we’ll take care of you! Yes, every website has customer service staff, but at Magic Beans and other specialty stores, you can talk to the same familiar person who will happily walk you through the registry and purchasing process by phone, email, or live chat.
…and that makes shopping from far away easier. High-quality online customer service ensures that even if your not-so-tech-savvy relatives who don’t live nearby will be able to navigate your registry online, and feel confident and happy about their purchases.
If you’re not in New England, and thus not within easy reach of a Magic Beans store, you still have tons of awesome shopping options – there are specialty baby stores everywhere! And we would argue that even if Magic Beans is your very favorite store ever, if you can’t make it into a brick-and-mortar store, you should check out one of these other shops, because trying out your gear in person is essential. You want to see how that carrier fits, how that stroller pushes, and how that car seat fits into your car. It’s always worth the extra effort.
Check out the Brixy webpage to search for an independent baby store near you – Brixy lists over 200 baby stores that provide the same personalized service and awesome selection you’ll find at Magic Beans. Here are a few of our faves:
Galt Toys + Galt Baby, Chicago: The company that inspired Magic Beans!
Kid’s Stuff Superstore, Nebraska
The post Your Baby Registry: 6 Reasons To Register With A Specialty Store appeared first on Spilling the Beans - Magic Beans.
Leave a comment