VIDEO: The Baby Jogger City Mini GT vs. the Nuna Tavo Stroller
The rule for strollers tends to be that baby strollers that weigh less have fewer features that you’ll want, for both your child’s comfort and your ease of use. Luckily, our favorite manufacturers do a better job every year at crafting strollers that work well and weigh less, and today’s video depicts two similar stroller models that fit a LOT of cool features into a compact package!
These two strollers have a whole lot in common:
- Both strollers weigh in under 25 pounds (the Tavo is 24.3 pounds, and the GT is 20.9 pounds), and both have an easy and compact fold, which will serve you very well whether you’re taking your baby on mass transit in the city, or loading the stroller into your car.
- Both give you AMAZING quality at a very reasonable price point: Baby Jogger strollers are known for their quality and longevity (which gives them great resale value), and Nuna’s strollers are also very high-quality and built to last (check out those exposed suspension coils!).
- Both strollers are designed to handle rougher territory, helping you out over sidewalk cracks and playground mulch: the City Mini GT has tough rubberized all-terrain wheels, and the Tavo has great front and rear suspension and durable foam tires.
- Neither stroller has a reversible seat, but both can adapt so that infants can ride.
- Both strollers can be folded with one hand!
A few differences:
- While both strollers can adapt to fit a newborn, and both can easily carry an infant car seat, the Tavo doesn’t need additional accessories to do so. The Nuna Tavo Stroller seat can recline fully for your infant, and a snap-up panel at the end of the seat creates an enclosed semi-bassinet. Or, you can add the super-popular Nuna Pipa Infant Car Seat, which pops right into the belly bar, with no need for an adapter!
- On the other hand, while you will need additional accessories for the City Mini GT to carry a newborn (add a bassinet, or an infant car seat adapter), the GT can accommodate a wider variety of infant car seats, including popular models from UPPAbaby, Cybex, Chicco, Maxi-Cosi, Peg Perego, and Graco. The Baby Jogger City Mini GT is also available as a double stroller.
- Both strollers have terrific folds, but with different advantages: the Tavo has a two-step fold, while the GT has a one-step fold, but the Tavo can roll along like a suitcase when it’s folded!
As you can see, these two baby strollers are hot contenders and it can be a difficult choice, so if you’re not sure which one is for you: ask us! Getting some help from our expert stroller matchmakers will ensure that you find the stroller that truly matches your active family lifestyle, and we want you to LOVE using your stroller every day.
You can visit Mike and his team at Magic Beans Boston, drop by one of our other 5 store locations, or book a FREE consultation with one of our stroller specialists, who will be happy to video-chat if you’re not nearby!
The post VIDEO: The Baby Jogger City Mini GT vs. the Nuna Tavo Stroller appeared first on Spilling the Beans - Magic Beans.