UPPAbaby Vista 2015, New G-Link Double Stroller, and more new UPPAbaby from the ABC Kids Expo!
AND ANOTHER UPDATE: Pre-order pages are up! Order your UPPAbaby 2015 strollers TODAY! Just check out the descriptions below for the links. (Aren’t you excited? We are very excited.)
UPDATES FROM THE ABC SHOW FLOOR! Eli demos the 2015 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller, and we get a quick overview of the new 2015 UPPAbaby Cruz:
Long before the ABC Kids Expo in Vegas (happening right now!), we knew that the most exciting updates for 2015 would be coming from UPPAbaby, with new features on all of their strollers and some very mysterious and wonderful new changes on the famous and well-loved UPPAbaby Vista Stroller. We haven’t had a chance to eyeball them yet, but with press materials in hand, we finally know what some of these cool updates are. Can I get a drumroll?
- The 2015 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller: The new Vista features more changes than any other UPPA stroller this year, but don’t worry, Vista fans – all of these changes on your favorite stroller are very, very good. The biggest change is the seating options: your Vista stroller will now be able to hold TWO toddler seats, TWO MESA infant car seats, TWO bassinets, and many other seating configurations! I haven’t personally seen it yet, but this brings to mind another favorite stroller with flexible seating options: the Baby Jogger City Select. Eli will be giving us a head-to-head comparison of the two strollers later, hopefully today, so watch this space!
The new Vista also has an intuitive one-step fold, similar to the UPPAbaby Cruz, which we think you’ll love – I, personally, was never quite able to figure out the Vista’s fold, and can’t wait to get my hands on this new one tomorrow at the show. The bassinet also has increased ventilation and easier-to-remove fabrics (‘cause babies make messes!), and the new frame adds magnesium to the aluminum, for a Vista that’s stronger than ever!
- The NEW UPPAbaby G-Link Double Umbrella Stroller: Strolling with two, but unwilling to deal with a gigantic double? The G-Link is the double version of UPPA’s light but fully-featured G-Luxe, weighing in at about 20 pounds, with comfy seats, a tough frame, high-performance wheels, a standing fold, and more. The side-by-side seats recline independently, and have a flat recline so the smallest babies can ride!
- The UPPAbaby 2015 Legacy Stroller is nearly identical to the 2014 Vista, with two changes: it doesn’t come with a stroller bassinet (perfect for families that don’t plan on using one), and it can carry the MESA infant car seat without adapters!
- Speaking of the MESA: it seems likely that the 2015 MESA Infant Car Seat will feature more changes that we haven’t heard about, but we do know that the MESA was given a five-star rating for ease-of-use by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). And as we’ve repeated many times: the easier it is to install your car seat correctly, and the easier it is to get your child properly strapped in, the safer she is. Congrats to UPPA on this honor!
- Other changes: the 2015 UPPAbaby Cruz stroller now has 8.25” AirGo rear wheels, which mimic the feel of an air-filled tire, but never go flat. The 2015 G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller has a new robust profile and a one-action brake, and the 2015 UPPAbaby G-lite Stroller has replaced its seat entirely with a mesh sling for superior breathability.
Since there’s a time difference between here and Vegas, we don’t have pictures of these new items from the show floor just yet, but I’ll be updating this blog and posting more all day long, so FOLLOW THIS BLOG!