Taking a stand: We compare bassinet stands by Bugaboo and UPPAbaby
Update 4/26/2017: Do You Need a Bassinet? Pros and Cons
A stroller bassinet isn’t strictly necessary, since you only use it for a few months, and a stroller seat that lies flat can also be used to position a newborn correctly… but oh, bassinets are SO pretty, aren’t they? Babies like them too: moms report that their infants love stretching out and napping in their cute little rolling beds.
Plus, they’re terrific for baby’s earliest long walks around the neighborhood – better, in fact, than an infant car seat mounted on your stroller frame, since your baby lies flatter. A car seat shouldn’t be used for extended sleeping, but a stroller bassinet can!
Plus, thanks to bassinet stands from two of our favorite brands, you can use your stroller bassinet as an ultra-portable baby bed for the early days of infancy! Since many parents prefer to have the baby in their room for a few months before he graduates to a full-sized crib in the nursery, using the Bugaboo Stand or the UPPAbaby Bassinet Stand will spare you buying a stand-alone bassinet or co-sleeper.
With that said: here’s a quick overview of these two bassinet stands. You’ll be surprised at how different they are!
- Folds up very small and compact
- Portable use as bassinet stand – easy to set up anywhere in the house or on the go
- Portable highchair with stroller seat – another use!
- Has a basket for storage
- Can use with bassinet/seat for three Bugaboo stroller models – the Bugaboo Donkey, Bugaboo Cameleon, and the Bugaboo Buffalo
- Takes same adapter as Bugaboo Runner jogging frame
- Must buy adapter to use
- When your child hits the weight limit, you’re done using it
The Bugaboo Stand is the newest accessory and is so amazing!! Turn your bassinet or stroller seat into an on-the-go high chair or portable sleeper! It is so lightweight, and versatile! The only negative is that once you hit the 37.5 weight max, you can no longer use the Stand. Also, in order to use it with your pre-existing Bugaboo stroller seat/bassinet, you have to purchase the adapter for $25 extra.
- Beautiful wood finish that comes in three different colors
- Easy to use / no assembly required
- Very big
- Must make additional purchase to keep using it
Your UPPAbaby Vista Stroller comes with the bassinet, so why not make full use of it? This stand is bulky but still lightweight enough to move around your house, and the shelf in the bottom is great for baby odds and ends. And with the hamper insert, you can use this stand for years to come!
The post Taking a stand: We compare bassinet stands by Bugaboo and UPPAbaby appeared first on Spilling the Beans - Magic Beans.