It’s a Play-A-Thon!
Last year, we were very fortunate to be a part of the Life is good Festival. The event was extraordinary – amazingly well-organized, packed with great musical acts and other activities, and generally brimming with joy and optimism. We are counting down the days until this year’s Festival, coming up later this month on September 24th and 25th. These festivals, while great fun for everyone involved, also serve a really important purpose. They are a vehicle for Life is good to raise money for the Life is good Playmakers, a non-profit organization that trains caregivers to use play to help children overcome life-threatening challenges.
This year, we brainstormed a lot with Life is good to come up with a way to engage children in the fundraising process. It’s never too early to start to teach children about giving back, and allowing them to be active participants in an event as large as this one is sure to lay a solid, memorable foundation for years to come.
Life is good is hoping to raise $1 million through this festival, and your kids can help make it happen.
During the festival, Magic Beans will be hosting a Play-A-Thon. Just like runners can raise money by running marathons, we’re asking kids to do something they love in order to help other kids: play! Here’s how it works:
- Purchase tickets to the festival (you must use this link in order for the promo code to work). When you use the promo code “mbeans,” your children’s tickets are FREE!!
- Join the Magic Beans team on the Life is good fundraising site.
- Download a pledge sheet and a solicitation letter that you can customize to help your children explain what they are doing and why.
- Work with your kids to line up sponsors for their playtime at the Festival. Sponsors can make their donations quickly and easily via the Life is good fundraising site.
- At the festival, bring your kids to the Magic Beans tent for their play time. We’ll have plenty of toys for a wide range of ages.
Every child who participates will get a small prize, and the top five fundraisers from each day of the festival will get the opportunity to meet Laurie Berkner and the Imagination Movers at an exclusive meet & greet.
I’m beyond excited about this, and I really hope we’ll be able to surpass our goal of raising $10,000 through the efforts of our kids.