Glass, you’ve never looked better
I’m not a mother. But as the writer for Magic Beans, it’s my job to think like one. And despite not having kids, there are several products we sell that I absolutely love. My new favorite? The Glass Beverage Bottle from Lifefactory. This adult bottle is made by the same people who brought us the popular Babylife Weego, a wonderful BPA-free alternative to the plastic baby bottle.
I had a brush with the eco-friendly/natural lifestyle during my freshman year at college. I was eating lots of kale and drinking yerba mate, drying my clothes outside, and of course sporting a water bottle everywhere. Well, I’ve left the wheat germ behind for now, but I still like a reusable water bottle. I’ve owned lots of them over the years.
When I discovered the adult version of the Weego bottle, I bought it right away to replace my other bottles. After using it for a couple weeks, I’m already a huge fan and wanted to share my experiences. Why do I love my Lifefactory Glass Bottle? Let me count the ways…
1) I don’t have to worry about plastic. Made of borosilicate glass, these bottles contain no BPA, phthalate, PVC, or polycarbonates. The company is stringent about their materials, and the silicone sleeve is also 100% non-toxic and plastic-free.
2) My water tastes better. Because the bottle is glass, there is no plastic or metallic taste to my water. Also, it is very easy to clean the Glass Beverage Bottle from Lifefactory. You can pop this one into the dishwasher without even taking off the sleeve. Also, plastic bottles get scratched and those indents can harbor bacteria – not so with a glass bottle.
3) I don’t have to feel guilty. As a child of the 90s, I watched Ferngully and Pocahontas a lot and this gave me a strong ecological sense. Perhaps this is why I feel bad when I use disposable plastic bottles. Anyhow, it’s nice to be more earth-friendly, especially because the bottle is ultimately recyclable.
4) It saves me money. If I had my druthers, I would drink Fiji water every day. My co-workers laugh at me, but I love the “mouthfeel” of this mineral-rich water. I am fascinated by the fact that Fiji brand water is the “result of rainfall that fell long before the Industrial Revolution” however a bit depressed that it costs almost $3 for a bottle of it. If I become a famous rock star, I’ll drink Fiji and nothing else. Until then, I’ll be using Brita-filtered tap water with my new 22 ounce glass bottle.
5) It looks very cool. If you are going to be carrying around a bottle, it should look nice. The Lifefactory Glass Beverage Bottle makes a cute sidekick with its contoured glass shape and bold, vibrant sleeve colors. The silicone sleeve looks sleek and makes it very easy to grip the bottle. The glass bottle won’t develop that cloudy/scratched appearance that a plastic one eventually will.