10 Ways to Pass the Time When Baby Keeps You Up At Night
By about 6 months of age, my daughter Reese was a champion sleeper, giving my husband and I up to 11 hours per night to relax and recharge. Sadly, sleep regressions are a thing, and when those pesky molars decided to make an appearance when Reese hit her 15th month, everything changed.
That got me thinking back to how I spent some of the late-night hours with Reese, while nursing her and soothing her back to sleep.
(1) DIY Manicure: When you’re a new Mom, especially one nursing your baby on demand, it can be hard to get away for a couple hours. Keep a nail file and some cuticle cream (nipple balm works, too!) near your nursing chair and give yourself a mini mani. Reese never seemed to mind the noise, and at times I even think she thought it was soothing!
(2) Squats, lunges, leg raises, hamstring curls: Helps Mom get back into shape AND the movements can lull baby back to sleep!
(3) Watch your secret vice: We all have that one show we don’t necessarily want to admit we watch! Mine was The Tudors. Highly recommend it.
(4) Enjoy drinking a full cup of tea (hopefully with some peace and quiet).
(5) Catch up on thank-you notes.
(6) Go over the upcoming week’s calendar with your partner. Get it out of the way! Juggling life with a new baby is hard work, so planning ahead definitely helps.
(7) Sync your iPhone. Upload all those super cute pictures and videos that are filling up your 99% of your storage. Download some new music for the long walk with baby you’ll probably take the next day.
(8) Order diapers.
(9) Make a grocery list: …to have your husband take care of the next day!
(10) If you can, try to rest: If you’re nursing, try doing so while lying down on your side with baby lying on her side facing you. This was Reese’s favorite when she was a newborn! It became my preference, too, since I could close my eyes and catch a few ZZZs…..
The post 10 Ways to Pass the Time When Baby Keeps You Up At Night appeared first on Spilling the Beans - Magic Beans.
Leave a comment