10 reasons to get your car seat checked
- NHTSA estimates that 3 out of 4 parents are using their car seats incorrectly.
- There are lots of different seat belts and they all work in different ways. To get a tight fit takes some practice and expertise.
- The angle of the car seat is important, and sometimes it takes a lot of work (and a cut-up pool noodle) to get it just right. You might throw up your hands and say, “close enough” but a technician won’t.
- The harness straps need to be in the proper position, and a technician will show you exactly what that looks like.
- Car seats get recalled all the time. A technician will check to make sure your seat is safe to use.
- Certified technicians spend 40 hours learning how to install car seats and then practice on seats and cars of all shapes and sizes. Your brother-in-law might have four kids, but it’s not the same.
- Watching a certified technician at work is like getting a crash course in car seat installation. You’ll be much better equipped to get it right on your own the next time. Pay attention.
- Let’s just say you installed your car seat perfectly. Think how good you’ll feel!
- You have nothing to lose except some time.
- You bought that car seat to keep your child(ren) safe. But the car seat’s ability to protect is only as good as its installation. Take the extra step and enjoy the peace of mind.
Hopefully your only remaining question is, “where do I go?“